This offering is for students learning from the Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW) videos and in need of someone to edit or grade their work. Our IEW-accredited instructors stand ready to assist with your grading needs.
We offer two types of grading:
- Simple edit checks for mechanics, spelling, formatting, basic grammar, and legal use of IEW techniques.
- Advanced feedback includes commentary on organization of ideas, logic and relevancy of content, depth of analysis, and word choice and phrasing. Students can submit a revised draft for a second quicker review to ensure recommended changes were implemented.
|Level / # of paragraphs||Simple||Advanced|
These prices are calculated assuming a fairly standard draft for this age that is reasonably well-written.
- The student will submit the draft along with the assignment’s Composition Checklist.
- Typed drafts
- Typed drafts should be in a Google doc, double-spaced.
- We will return to the student a Google doc with comments as well as a short video with our instructor walking your child through key points.
- Handwritten drafts
- Handwritten drafts should be clearly scanned PDFs or high-resolution JPGs
- We will return to the student an annotated draft with handwritten comments as well as a short video with our instructor walking your child through key points.
- Typical turnaround time is three business days.
- Grading students can schedule a time to review their draft and the feedback they received in 20-minute increments, charged at $110/hour.
- Though graders may provide a brief explanation of a particular mistake or may direct the writer to review a particular IEW resource, this offering does not include a formal lesson on IEW writing concepts. If a student would like such instruction, they may book a private lesson with one of our instructors.